Co-Production Showcasing Opportunities
Have you got a new piece in development?
Ready to showcase your work and take the next step towards a full production?
Iris Theatre supports up-coming artists by showcasing new shows, often musicals, at The Actors Church. Performances often run for one or two nights at the 254-seat venue located in the heart of central London in Covent Garden. Due to the nature of this space the work presented is often musical/sung work, highly visual or engaging performances rather than spoken word.
With no upfront rental cost, working on a first call followed by a box office split, we offer support-in-kind and advice in the areas of marketing, administration, technical and front of house as well as producing advice in the form of Producing Surgeries. Our co-productions at the Actors Church are a low risk opportunity to get your work seen.
We provide these opportunities from January – May and September – November annually.
This is a great ‘first step’ platform for emerging writers, producers and companies to perform their work in central London before committing to a full production.
Our Workin Process showcases programme includes:
- Venue hire for our 254 seat venue The Actors’ Church, Covent Garden on a box office split – £500 first call and then 70/30 split thereafter (70% goes to you). If you don’t make the £500 you are no liable for anything additional.
- Use of our in-house technical facilities – including a grand piano.
- Access to preferred rates with partner rehearsal spaces (Please note: we cannot offer complimentary rehearsal space and do not have these facilities)
- Marketing support – including e-newsletters, press support, social media and including in our season flyer (subject to brochure deadlines).
- Front of house and box office management – including access to some third-party agents
- Access to our Production Surgery programme
To apply please complete this application form and email email@example.com
SUBMISSIONS FOR SPRING 2019 SHOWCASES NOW OPEN