JOBS AT IRIS
See our Volunteering for work experience opportunities within the theatre.
£2800 fixed fee From June 2017
We are recruiting a BAR MANAGER for our Summer Season.
Your main areas of responsibility will be to:
- To provide exceptional customer service to our audience at all times by serving them in a positive and welcoming manner
- To set-up and dress-up the bar before each show, ensuring it is welcoming for our audience
- To clear up the bar area after each show, ensuring the stock is put back in the right place
- To organise stock checks and ordering of supplies as and when necessary
- To ensure all deliveries are checked in correctly
- To implement accurate cash-up procedures after each show
- To log all the sales and stock sheets on the system
- To develop the Iris Theatre Bar as a business through driving sales
- To liaise with Iris Theatre’s Marketing team for all matters relating to promotion of the bar activity
- To be aware of any relevant legislation regarding service of liquor
- To ensure security and health & safety procedures are adhered to
- To promote high standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- To lead a team of volunteers in a positive manner ensuring customer satisfaction
A full job description and person specification can be found here : Bar Manager Advert
Preparation: 5 days to be scheduled prior to the shows opening (3 before Macbeth and 2 before Hansel & Gretel)
Macbeth run: 21 June to 29 July (matinee and evening shows, approx. 8-9 shows/week)
Hansel & Gretel run: 3 August to 3 September (matinee and evening shows, approx. 8-9 shows/week)
Occasional cover can be organised if necessary but a majority of the show dates will need to be covered by the Bar Manager. Full availability from 21 June to 3 September is preferred.
We are ideally looking for someone available for both shows but are happy to consider applications for only one of the two shows. Salary will then be pro-rata. Please specify in your application.
This is a Freelance position. You will be responsible for your own tax and national insurance.
To apply please send a CV, Personal Statement (2 sides of A4 max) and details of two references to:
Tanja Pagnuco, Producer, Iris Theatre : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 10am, Friday 1st June 2017.
Interviews will take place on Monday 5th June 2017.
Please insert APPLICATION – FOH MANAGER as the subject.
1st June 2017
Iris Theatre have ongoing schemes for Emerging Artists to get involved with us as well as rolling work experience opportunities in theatre administration, production and marketing. Check out our Volunteering page to find out more.
In general we work with emerging artists across all fields of production in theatre, music, dance, cabaret, circus and opera. If you have suggestions of other ways in which you would like to get involved why not drop us a line and tell us more.
Have you got a musical theatre piece that is looking for a central London showcase? Do you have the production team in place, but need a venue and some production support? Is your work musical / sung, without too much reliance on spoken text?
Iris Theatre is looking for productions to showcase, typically for one or two nights. The venue is the famous St Paul’s Church (the ‘Actors Church) in Covent Garden, in the heart of central London. It is a large space that seats approximately 200 people and is best suited acoustically to musical/sung work, highly visual or engaging performances rather than spoken word.
What we offer is a reduced rental fee, support in the areas of marketing, administration, technical and front of house as well as producing advice in the form of Producing Surgeries. We are not able to offer financial support but we do provide support in-kind as well as fundraising advice. The rental fee does not need to be paid in advance but will come out of ticket sales. Low cost, low risk.
To apply please send your script, idea, concept, press quotes, multimedia content or any other supportive material along with details of your company and creative team to email@example.com